Procreation is necessary for the continuity of the human race. If humans just live without siring offsprings, they cannot survive for more than a century because age and other fatal factors will catch up with them and kill the entire race. From then onwards, mankind will cease existing on earth. To prevent this catastrophic occurrence, that is why women are impregnated to bear newborns. However, pregnancy is not easy because it comes with its own issues that are brought about by hormones. The body undergoes dramatic changes and sometimes they impact on the body severely, mildly or no reactions at all. There are many reasons why the best pregnancy pillow is useful to a pregnant woman.
Why does a pregnant woman need a pillow?
- Enhancing relaxation and emotional support – pregnancy has a lot of influence on the body and emotions. That is why a pregnant woman often has mood swings and they get upset or nervous over nothing. In fact, some of them react absurdly because of the push they have from the baby. When they get emotional, the best thing to do is to sleep and forget about that emotional upheaval. For instance, they get relaxed and cool down when they hug a pregnancy pillow to lower the heart rate. By so doing, the emotional impulse goes away and they regain control over their emotions. Some of these occurrences happen because they are triggered by the baby.
- It does away with body pains and aches – due to the diverse bodily changes that occur to the body of a pregnant woman, some pains and aches also accompany them. The abdomen undergoes the greatest change because of the stretching as the baby continues to grow. It can even be worst if the pregnant woman is carrying more than one baby. Pain is felt in the shoulders, neck, and back. These pains occur due to the strain of the extra weight that the pregnancy adds to the body. For instance, women who suffer from back and neck pains should use the pillow to sleep in a half fetal position which is the best for pregnant women.
In addition, the pillow also subsidizes the pressure on your back and spine, not to mention that it aligns your back. All these are to your advantage. It eases all the difficulties you undergo during pregnancy. The softness of the pregnancy pillow provides comfort to the body parts that suffer most from pregnancy related pain. Moreover, the softness and cushion of the pillow gives comfort to the neck, shoulders, back, hips, and legs.
- Induces sleep – for a person to sleep normally, they need absolute comfort and relaxation. It is not possible to sleep in a rough, cold, hard, wet, noisy and an unfriendly environment. During pregnancy, the body weakens because of the heavy task of processing the baby, not to mention the workload of carrying the pregnancy. Regardless of all, an expectant woman must get enough sleep to help them recover the energy they lose during the day; to relieve the stress and strain caused by the pregnancy and the pain. When she lies down to sleep, she needs the best pregnancy pillow to hold her belly. The comfort that the pillow provides is paramount to help the body feel at ease. Due to the design and make of the pillow in relation to giving your comfort, you sleep soundly.
- It enhances sleeping in the right position – it is usual to find people who toss time and again in their sleep. Consequently, they can sleep in any position because they do not have control over their bodies. It can be quite risky if a pregnant woman sleeps in a position that can squeeze the baby. To prevent that, the pregnancy pillow is ideal in restraining a pregnant woman and preventing her from sleeping in any position. Mostly they are designed to support the whole body and thus they prevent you from changing the sleeping position that you first slept in. With that, the risk of sleeping on your belly is absolutely done away with.
- Facilitates air and blood circulation – Growth and sleep go hand in hand. In fact, they are conjoined and hence inseparable. So many changes occur in the body when you are asleep. About 70% of growth in the body happens during sleep. With a good pregnancy pillow, the air and blood in the body circulates. When you sleep, it is only the brain that rests but the heart and lungs continue running. However, if you sleep wrongly, you will wake up with pains in your body including headache. With a good pillow, you will sleep in the right position and enjoy.
To sum it up altogether, these are some of the health benefits of a good pregnancy pillow in relation to your health.