Surya Namaskar is one of the oldest ways of practising yoga and welcoming the sun “God” passed on by the oldest Rishis or religious scholars to us. Since its benefits are numerous and very effective, almost the entire world practises these actions. So, if you have heard many good things about Surya Namaskar or want to practise it, it isn’t anything surprising. But to follow it closely and benefit from it, you need to be aware of the 12 Surya Namaskar poses and their advantages.
- Pranamasana – Rightly called the prayer pose, it helps in maintaining your nervous system, balances your body and even relieves stress and tension.
- Hasta Uttanasana – The raised arm pose aids in proper stretching of your arms and limbs muscles and helps cure body aches and deal with fatigue and asthma.
- Hasta Padasana– The standing forward bend pose stretches the hamstrings and opens the legs. It also aids in curing insomnia, osteoporosis, headache, anxiety, and stress.
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana– One of the trickiest Surya Namaskar poses, the lunge pose aids in strengthening the spine and increases lung capacity. It also relieves indigestion and constipation problems of your body. You can also gain more stability and balance in your body because of this asana and improve your memory.
- Chaturanga Dandasana – The plank pose is beneficial for stretching your arms, legs, back and front side and even aids in weight loss.
- Ashtanga Namaskar – This right limbed pose involves your almost entire body’s fitness and helps you stay fit and healthy.
- Bhujangasana – This cobra pose keeps you flexible and helps improve body movements and even release the stress from your body.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana – The downward dog facing asana aids in balancing your body, improving limb movements, and releasing stress from your body. You also get rid of chronic and body pains if you perform this asana regularly.
- Hasta Padasana–This standing forward and bending pose helps cure headaches, dizziness, anxiety and stress.
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana – The high lunge pose ensures that you have a better stretch of your limbs and balance yourself perfectly. Apart from it, it also relieves indigestion and boosts breathing.
- Hasta Uttanasana –– The raised arm pose helps you breathe better and eases back pain and fatigue.
- Pranamasana – The prayer pose ensures better concentration power and helps you beat stress and strain. This also enhances your concentration power and even helps in providing better posture and flexibility of your body.
These Surya Namaskar poses are highly recommended to ensure you enjoy better health and lifestyle. If you want to enjoy maximum benefits from them, ensure to be consistent in your efforts and form a schedule to perform each of them perfectly. But, even if you are practising a few of these, you are sure to gain maximum benefits and get a better physique and body.