There are several ways to treat gynecomastia permanently. Broadly, these can be categorized into three categories-
- Non-surgical options include trying different medicines, taking herbal supplements, or ayurvedic treatment.
- Make some lifestyle changes such as consuming a particular diet and exercising regularly
- Surgical interventions when the above two options fail to provide any results
● Non-surgical options that can treat gynecomastia-
The primary reason that gynecomastia develops in men is when the normal hormonal balance between estrogen and testosterone goes out for a toss. Doctors generally prescribe the following types of medicines to regulate the estrogen and testosterone levels in men.
- Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs)- These medicines aim to increase estrogen metabolism in the body thereby, preventing estrogen deposition around the breasts. Some of the medicines that are SERMS include Danazol, Tamoxifen and Clomiphene.
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)- The objective of the therapy is to increase testosterone levels in the body artificially. In order to increase testosterone, the person has to either apply skin patches, gels, injections or implants.
Herbs To Try-
If you are looking for a more natural option, then you can also consider trying one of the several herbs that can reduce swelling of the breasts and puffiness around the nipples. Here are some herbs whose extract can subside puffiness of the nipples naturally.
- Fish oil
- Red clover
Lifestyle Modifications To Subside Breast Enlargement-
Consuming a more nutritious diet
Making changes in the diet constitutes one of the essential roles in treating gynecomastia. Even after surgery, you should pay special attention to what you are consuming. Eating foods that are rich in phytoestrogens can lead to an increase of estrogen levels in the body. Hence, pay strict attention to the food items you are consuming to control the hormonal levels. Furthermore, eat these food items in your daily diet.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidants foods such as leafy greens, berries, beans, citrus fruits, etc.
- Healthy fat foods such as olive oil, meat, coffee, ginger, garlic, potatoes, butter, etc.
- Fresh vegetable or fruit juices without any preservatives and sugar to detoxify the body.
- Zinc-rich foods such as raw milk, pumpkin seeds, yogurt, nuts, almonds that encourage testosterone production.
- Vitamin D rich foods such as mushrooms, cereals, trout, eggs, caviar that boost up sperm count.
The second lifestyle change you have to make is to stop being a couch potato. Get up and get moving is the mantra to follow to shed those extra kilos around the chest. Without fail, exercise regularly to tighten up the chest and pectoral muscles and see for yourself the swelling reducing considerably. Here are some exercises that need to be practiced daily.
- Presses- These mainly include taking weights from the chest that tones and tightens the muscles. Include in your daily fitness regime various types of presses every 3-4 weeks.
- Push ups- The pushups aim to tone the chest muscles as well as smaller muscles in the chest area. Status with half plank and then gradually, shift to full push-ups.
- Incline bench cable fly- A fly is an exercise in which the person pulls the arms to tighten the chest muscles. Out of the various forms, try the incline bench cable fly.
In addition to this, get some cardio. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio for a week. Try aerobics, spin and boot camp classes. It is equally important to get up and practice some cardio exercises on a regular basis. Some of the cardio exercises include- walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, running, taking the stairs.
Quit alcohol drinking and drug abuse
Taking drugs and drinking alcohol in excessive amounts throws off the normal hormonal balance. In other words, if you are taking drugs, then stop it right now. Stay away from drugs such as steroids, marijuana, heroin, and amphetamines. Drinking alcohol in excessive amounts can cause damage to the liver permanently which is another cause of increasing the chances of gynecomastia developing. It affects the hormonal levels the same way drugs affect it.
Surgical options To Treat Gynecomastia Permanently
Most of the time it is possible that herbal remedies, exercises, and dietary changes do not show any results at all. To simplify, these remedies may render to be ineffective for treating gynecomastia permanently. Under such circumstances for more prominent results, you should consider surgical options.
The gynecomastia surgery includes liposuction followed by a gland excision surgery. Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that removes stubborn fat from the abdomen, thigh, underarms, face, arms, etc. There are various types of liposuction. While the gland excision surgery removes excess tissue growth from the chest to enhance the contour.
At Pristyn Care clinics in Delhi, the doctors use only the latest equipment to provide the Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance or VASER liposuction. In this procedure, the highly experienced gynecomastia surgeons of Delhi remove fat cells from deeper tissues. They first make the incisions and then they insert ultrasound probes through which they emit the waves. Followed by this liposuction, the doctors perform a gland excision surgery. In this surgery, the doctor makes incisions around the nipples and removes the extra tissue from the incisions. Both these procedures are performed under the influence of anesthesia which means you won’t be able to feel any pain during the procedure. Moreover, the doctor provides a set of post-operative instructions to follow during the recovery which stimulates a faster healing process.