Getting involved in a car accident can be quite stressful. It leaves you with tons of problems that you have never thought would need to cope with. Problems from a car accident can include financial issues if you are unable to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault driver or their insurance company, so having an experienced car accident settlement attorney on your side after an accident can help.
If you’re involved in a car accident causing injuries or a loved one is killed in a car accident, hiring a skilled car accident attorney with a good track record of success is a wise move. A car accident lawyer will fight for you to ensure that you are compensated fairly for your losses with minimal distress so that you get back on the road in no time.
What Does a Skilled Car Accident Lawyer Do for You?
- Gets the necessary evidence to prove who was at fault
- Communicates with the insurer of other driver
- Helps collect and organize all your medical bills and records
- Talks with your health care providers to get missing medical records
- Organizes and shows the proof in front of court and insurance agency to prove liability as well as damages
- Helps you get a decent car accident settlement with your insurance company
- Takes the help of other doctors to ensure you have solid medical information you need to prove your damages
- Negotiates with lien holders on your claims like disability, health, or workers’ compensation insurers to lower the amount of those liens
- Documents your suffering to justify any multiplier to get desired settlement value
How Much Time Does Car Accident Settlement Take?
While no two car accident cases are the same, one to two months is the time frame you should expect when you register your claim with your car insurance provider. Depending on the severity of injuries, a collaboration of your insurance company, the percentage of your fault, and court proceedings, car accident claims usually take two months to one year to settle.
Things that can delay the resolution of our case include the severity of the accident, the number of parties involved, and the investigation process.
How Much Money Should I Expect from Car Accident Settlement?
- Car accident settlements are not as easy as they may seem. You probably need to deal with insurance payments, medical bills, lost wages, physical and emotional trauma. Also, if this is the case, your insurance provider is responsible for compensating you for the damages or injury.
- If you have collision coverage on your own car and you are found at fault in the wreck, the insurance agency will pay some amount to fix your car. However, if the repair cost is more than your car value, they give you a lump sum depending on its value.
- When it is found that another driver’s negligence caused the mishap, his or her insurance agency should compensate you for any loss, pain, suffering, and damages. However, when you work with a dedicated car accident attorney, they will help you get decent compensation. It is even more than your insurance agency would provide.
- Your car accident lawyer will display every minute detail about your case to the insurance agency or in the front of the judge. For this, the lawyer will collect all the proof that you would have missed. The expert will also take precautions that are essential to guard you if you have injured in a car wreck.
- Remuneration for car repairs and medical charges is usually identified by the money you have paid. An attorney will allow you to negotiate the right settlements for your suffering and pain.
What Kind of Settlement Can I Expect from a Car Accident?
The best way to determine car accident settlement is that the total amount will be nearly three times the price of the medical bills. However, there are certain factors that are involved in it.
A judge or jury will typically consider the medical treatment plan, type of injury, the severity of the mishap, and loss of income. You will get the settlement after you complete the medical treatment. Also, permanent injuries will trigger the compensation sum that you get.
When is the Right Time to Call a Car Accident Attorney?
The ideal time to call a car accident attorney depends on the circumstances of your case, among other factors. In case of severe injury or wrongful death, you should contact a car accident attorney immediately. They will leave no stone unturned to collect solid proof from day one. However, if you are engaged in a small accident case, you can take more time to call them.
To maximize your settlement, a certified car accident lawyer will convince the insurance company that they should look into the matter further. Remember, it’s always better to call sooner than later because you might not know when your small case needs instant action.
You do not always need to file a lawsuit for car accident settlements. In fact, there are certain car accident claims where you need the help of an expert to bring a claim for your suffering and pain damages. In that case, it’s better to take assistance from a professional attorney.
Car accident lawyers are highly knowledgeable and expert in handling simple to complex claims in no time. Also, they will answer all your queries about suing after a mishap and help you reach a suitable agreement as soon as possible.