The National Eligibility and Admission Test (NEET) is the country’s sole medical entrance test for all medical programmes. Every year, about 16 lakh people apply for NEET, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET scores are used to determine admission to MBBS, AYUSH, BDS, BVSc, and AH programmes. In the face of strong competition and a limited number of places, passing the exam with flying colours is critical. Candidates who attempt to prepare for NEET without coaching must put up an honest effort.
Coaching, on the other hand, is the most effective technique to ensure that one passes the NEET qualifying examinations with flying colours. However, it is not a hard and fast rule that all students will have the chance and resources to choose coaching in order to pass the exam.
To beat the NEET, use the following strategy at home.
- If you’re one of the students who want to crack the NEET UG on your own, without the assistance of any coaching institutions, there are a few concepts to keep in mind.
- When it comes to getting good scores in NEET without any external coaching, determination and devoted execution are the most important aspects.
Following the techniques outlined below will aid applicants in their quest to pass the country’s major medical admission exams:
Gather knowledge to help you prepare for NEET without the help of a coach
To prepare for NEET 2021 without coaching, the first and most important step is to gather all essential and related material. Candidates must be informed of all exam sessions, exam patterns, and syllabuses in advance. One of the most important techniques for preparing for NEET without coaching is to be well-informed.
Make a study plan for NEET without the help of a coach
The next crucial step is to create and stick to a study programme. Long, boring hours should not be included in the study plan. Instead, study sessions should be brief, with short breaks in between. Candidates who are preparing for the NEET exam on their own must ensure that their regular study plan includes all of the topics covered in the NEET syllabus, namely Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
For NEET preparations, use standard study material
Because candidates are preparing for NEET without coaching, it is critical that they use high-quality study material. Experts and toppers agree that the NCERT is the finest book for NEET preparation. As a result, it is important for applicants to first finish their NCERT curriculum. Candidates can refer to the books listed below for practice and refining their preparation after completing the NCERT texts and answering all feasible questions from them.
Solve Previous Year’s Papers
This is a highly effective technique for applicants who do not have access to coaching when studying for the NEET exam. Solving previous year’s NEET question papers will provide applicants with an idea of the type of questions that will be asked in the test and will also help them improve their time management abilities.
To improve their performance in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Examinations, candidates may download and rehearse the NEET 2019 Code P1 Question Paper with Answers.
Make time for yourself and de-stress
Despite the fact that this may seem like impossibility in the thick of the stress of preparation, candidates must constantly remember that it is critical to de-stress. Taking your mind off your studies every now and then is important and beneficial since it refreshes memory cells and improves attention.
As many mock tests as possible: Only by taking the mock tests will you be able to figure out where you stand. There are several online organizations that provide NEET-UG sample exams. All you have to do now is go to that website, join up, and begin taking the exams.
Collect all information about the NEET syllabus
The most important aspect of any strategy is to be properly informed. Only after having a thorough understanding of the curriculum can a strategy for preparation be devised. This is the most essential and initial step in planning your preparedness. One must be aware of all topics or concepts covered, as well as which parts of the syllabus have greater weight and should be prioritized. All of these issues may be solved with a comprehensive grasp of the curriculum.
Revise until you’ve nailed it
Regardless of the test, revision should be an important element of your preparation since it allows you to conduct a thorough evaluation of your preparation and, as a result, make necessary adjustments to your preparation technique. The regular revision will assist you in gaining a firm grasp of the subject.
Some Important Aspects When Preparing from Home
Because biology is important for NEET, it is advised to begin studying for it as soon as possible. The reason for this is that it combines Botany and Zoology, making it a two-in-one course. Pick up a second topic, such as physics or chemistry. This is to get you onboard and make sure you’ve prepared as much as possible. The following are some nudges in the right direction:
- To get started, start with NCERT books. Start with the subjects that have the most weight. This way, you’ll be prepared for the topics that are most likely to appear on the NEET test.
- While studying, jot down quick notes. If it helps, highlight crucial facts as well.
- When you’ve finished studying a topic, try the exercises and questions to see how well you understand the topics. If you make a mistake, go over it again.
- Some useful hints include: in Biology, pictures aid comprehension, therefore utilize them to assist you to remember what you’ve learned. The formulas in physics and chemistry are important. As a result, learn them.
- Create a chapter-by-chapter page for each subject, listing the formulas, illustrations, and significant points.
- Even though it appears difficult, try to study difficult things since giving up is not an option.
- The same amount of time and effort should be put into learning and revising subjects in classes 11 and 12.