Blogwritr.com’s mission is to provide:
- Free hosting with free access to plugins, themes and support.
- Expert advice for those users looking to customize their blog site.
- Advanced tools to help your blog gain more exposure to your readers.
- A one-to-one experience for all users whether they are using the free tier or using our paid services.
What does Blogwritr.com get out of serving free users?
We occasionally post a few advertisements on your blog but never the kind to draw attention away from your blog. The small amount we make from these helps to pay our infrastructure costs. Upgrading to any of the pay tiers frees your blog from showing our advertisements.
What do I get from the free-tier?
- Plugins (not normally provided for free by WordPress.com or Blogger.com)
- Lots of support! (see below for details)
- Your sitename.blogwritr.com
- 250 MB of disk space starting out
How many free sites can I have for each email address?
You get one. For multiple email addresses coming from the same IP address we will allow up to five.
Which Plugins can I use for free?
If a plugin that you want has not been set up in your list of plugins available for your site, send us a note at email@example.com. We’ll add your plugin as long as the plugin does not affect the Blogwritr community of sites and another established plugin’s ability to work properly. If it’s a pay-for plugin you want, once you pay for it and give us access to it, we’ll add it to your site.
Which Themes can I use for free?
Virtually any. Again, like plugins, if a theme that you want has not been set up in your list of themes available for your site, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org which ones you’d like to have available. We’ll add the theme as long as it does not affect the Blogwritr community of sites. If it’s a pay theme you want, once you pay for it and give us access to it, we’ll add it to your site.
For the Free Tier what kind of support can I expect?
- Community support via forums.
- 14 days of direct support helping you get your blog set up as you’d like it to appear (functional code not covered).
- Support via email for questions/issues not solvable through Community forum. This doesn’t include code customization however.
- Making sure the site is operational goes without saying. Unfortunately though, outages of your sites caused by your customizations are not handled under the free tier.
- Your blog’s feed is automatically added to our Twitter feed.